Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Owl on a branch canvas


I got these great paper owls from my sister in law, she wants me to do a banner of them for my youngest nieces room. I have a bunch though so I used one on a canvas for my niece Jordan to hang in her room. We are really owl crazy around here right now, they are everywhere and she has been wanting something with one on it. So I first decoupaged tissue paper and ripped strips of paper to the canvas. I added some homemade texture paste with a stencil of little squares. I glued down my owl and then painted over it, except for the eyes. I think I am going to get some big googly eyes if I do another one of these but I like the eyes that this one came with. The tree limbs are drawn with a pencil then I squirted hot glue down and then painted over them. I added some jewel leaves. I then took a pink bic marker and drew around the owl.  


Close up of the hot glue limbs. 


Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments-favorite technique  (decoupage and texture)

12 comments:

Narelle Fasulo said...

Love it, so bright and cute. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at Frosted Designs.

Jac’s Playground said...

What a fabulous canvas, I'm sure your niece will adore it, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

Ceal said...

what a CUTE canvas! Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Such a pretty canvas, i'm sure your niece will love it.
Thank you for joining in the Crafting Café challenge, good luck x

NGCARDS said...

Such a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Cherished said...

Too Cute. Thanks for sharing at RCS.

Lydia said...

Nice job! What a creative canvas. So glad you joined us at Frosted Designs!

Barb Craft said...

Oh my word... this owl is adorable!! I love the fun colors! It is perfect for a canvas! Thank you for taking on our texture challenge at Frosted Designs!

barb :)

Jackie W said...

Fabulous canvas! I love the gorgeous owl and beautiful colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments!
Jackie W
SchoolinandScrappin
Crafty Sentiments
Crafty Sentiments Inspirations

Dangina Martinez said...

Super cute! Thank You so much for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week. We are so happy you shared your fab project with us.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Cathy said...

Fabulous canvas, thank you for sharing it with the Crafty Sentiments Challenge this time.
Cathy xx

SandeeNC said...

How cute and FUN, love the colors and the textures! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs Texture challenge,waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥ ( ppsstt...discounts and a give away on my blog, just sayin' )