Monday, October 7, 2013

The Woman and her Umbrella on canvas

Challenges:
Craft My Life-anything goes
Stamp and Create-halloween
Loves Rubberstamps-anything goes
The ABC Challenge-W is for words
Simon Says Monday Challenge-inspired by Tammy Tuterow (decopauge technique)
Papertake Weekly-anything goes
Fab N Funky-ribbon
Pennys Paper-anything goes
Southern Girls-sing a song out loud Woman in Black by Foreigner
Crafty Ribbons-anything goes with ribbon
Crafty Catz-anything goes
Crafty Calendar-Halloween
Pile it on-favorite color as main color (Black or Purple, both are my favs)
Catch the Bug-anything goes


I got this fabulous 12x12 paper pack from Michaels, Recollection Midnight Magic. Oh my goodness I am so in love with this pack. And huge plus, it was priced 19.99 but rang up 11.99. SCORE! I cut out the lady with the umbrella from one sheet and the roses from another and decopauged them to this canvas. The pack has so much Halloween goodness, but totally can see using this on a lot more than Halloween projects. I also got this fabulous skull stamp from Michaels, one buck oh yeah.  The sentiment is of course from Tim Holtz. I love the way sometimes you see all these posters that are identical plastered to a brick wall, I think its such a cool effect, and this is why I stamped all the repeating sentiments. 
I used a combo of ribbon and pearl trim wrapped around each other for the way to hang this. 

There was silver foil swirls on part of the bottom of her dress, I didnt feel it went with my piece so I added rows of black lace and purple pearl trim up her skirt. 


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Penny's Paper Crafty this week.
Hugs,
Jill

PaperDaisies said...

I love how you have added to the lady's dress. It looks fabulous. A perfect entry for our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Gretha said...

This is a wonderful
Thanks for joining the Crafty Ribbons Challenge
x Gretha

Alli Devine said...

This is such a gorgeous project and a lovely way to use those papers. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week
Alli x

Rach83 said...

Great way to use ribbon on your creation. I love the black and lilac combo. Fab sentiment too.

Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Rachel x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so beautiful! Congrat's on your win over at Loves Rubberstamps!!! Looks like your luck started with finding the paper, followed by a great price at the register and then a win! Fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Michelle said...

Fun project! I like the repeated sentiment. It made a really cool effect. Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle

Snazzykaz said...

Love the frilly skirt! Thanks for joining us at southern girls challenge this fortnight.

NickScrapShack said...

What a fun project. Love the stamped background it looks cool!

Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Crafty Catz this week! Good luck!
Nick

Caroline said...

I am new to your blog & what wonderful projects!! This one really caught my eye as your lady with umbrella & the skulls teamed with fab ppr is fantastic!! Great idea with her skirt. C :)))

Amy said...

oh for sweet. Thanks for joining Bugaboo at Catch the Bug

Jenn said...

Very pretty, I love how you added the lace to the skirt! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.