Friday, June 27, 2014

What I have been up too lately!

I have three projects to show you today. This first one is a vase that is an unglazed porcelain vase. It was white with red ribbon and roses and white pearls. I didnt care for it so I pulled everything except the bottom pearls off of it and painted it all peach. I didnt have peach paint so I just mixed some light pink with yellow. I even painted over the pearls around the bottom. I added some cream lace and then some rosette trim in peach that I have been hoarding for while.  I added some peach and cream roses and crystal sprays and peachy pink leaves. I had this squishy foam that some brads came in, I cut some off and stuffed it down inside the top and it gave me a place to stick some of my stickpins.
Challenges:
Crafty Calendar-petals and pearls
 Crafty Catz-anything goes





My next project is a wooden fan that my brother got me from a chinese restaurant. I painted it white with streaks of blue and cream. I added brown rosette trim and tons of pearls and flowers. Including this big blue acrylic flower I have been hoarding for awhile. I added a silver and pearl tassel I have been saving for something special. (special thank you to my darling hubby for holding it up for me)
Challenges:
 



My third project was inspired by the extremely talented xannero1. She made a Graphic 45 Typography desk and in it she made little books and they are so darling and easy as all get out to make. I linked to the tutorial. So I just had to make a couple for myself. I used white paper on the inside because I am going to add some quotes or journaling. They measure 2inches and 2 1/4 inches tall. They are made with one strip of 1 3/4 x 12 inch cardstock, three pieces of chipboard, (from the back of a paper pack), washi tape to hold pieces together and then a couple of tiny piece of paper to decorate the outside. I think I will make some tiny bookmarks to go in them. 
Challenges:





8 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful vase Chris thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne xx (DT)

Lin said...

Oh my Christina, three totally gorgeous projects. Love your gorgeous little stick pin vase, but the fan you altered is just superb.

Thanks for joining in with our 'wooden' challenge so beautifully

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Suze Bain said...

Wow Christina, three fabulous makes, your altered fan is absolutely stunning. Thank you for joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More. xx

Planetsusie said...

I love how you have altered your vase Christina, the embellishments are gorgeous.

Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Mandy said...

Christi these are all gorgeous, I love the pretty vase.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Papercraft By Carole said...

What a great trio of projects. Your wooden fan is just perfect for our Wood challenge at CCM&M. Love the colours and all the embellishments - especially that flower!! Cxx

Vee said...

These are all fabulous.I especially like the vase for the Pins, a lovely idea and very decorative too.Thanks for joining our challenge at Charisma.
xx Vee

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

Three great craft projects.

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck.

Sarahxx